"Virtual Biodiversity Research and Access Network for Taxonomy" (ViBRANT) is a European Union FP7 funded project running December 2010 to 2013 that will support the development of virtual research communities involved in biodiversity science. Our goal is to provide a more integrated and effective framework for those managing biodiversity data on the Web.
- A virtual research environment (Scratchpads) where users can safely store, share and manage their research information.
- Analytical services for users to build identification keys and phylogenetic trees.
- A publication platform for users to automatically compile biodiversity science manuscripts from their research database.
- A portal for users to centrally access publicly accessible biodiversity research information and literature.
- Training, helping research communities to use these tools and services.
- A standards compliant technical architecture that can be sustained by biodiversity research community.